3rd International Conference on the Sociolinguistics of Immigration (Slimig2018) will be held in Sestri Levante (Genoa), Italy: September 27-28, 2018. It is organized by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures and Modern Cultures of the University of Turin (Italy).
The focus of attention of the conference is on sociolinguistic, anthropological, ethnographic linguistic and discourse theoretical perspectives and empirically-grounded methodologies on “language practices, narratives, identities, ideologies and politics of (im)mobility in migratory contexts”.
Key speaker: Anna De Fina, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- Each abstract should not exceed 500 words (incl. at least four keywords and references).
- Text should be justified and single-spaced (font size: Times New Roman 12pt).
- Name, affiliation, and e-mail address should be on separate first page of the electronic copy.
- Every individual presentation will last 20 minutes (plus 10 minutes for discussion and questions).
Important dates: The abstract submission period opens on November 15, 2017. Abstracts can be submitted until February 19, 2018.
Abstracts should be sent as a word attachment to email@example.com.
Confirmation of acceptance: March 10, 2018.
- Registration for the conference starts on March 11, 2018 and closes on April 30, 2018.
- The conference fees are: 170€.
- The registration fees cover participation in the conference, coffee breaks, lunches and conference pack.
Further details on the conference can be found at: https://sites.google.com/unito.it/sociolinguisticsimmigration/home.
Local organizer: Gerardo Mazzaferro (all enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org)