MultiLingNet is honoured to announce the 2nd International Conference on Multilingual Education in Linguistically Diverse Contexts (MELDC18) to be held at the University of Malta, Old University Campus in Valletta, from 30th August to 1st September 2018.
The conference considers all aspects of the linguistic and sociolinguistic competences and practices of bi-/multilingual speakers who cross existing social and linguistic boundaries, adopting or adapting themselves to new and overlapping linguistic spaces.
We invite papers in all areas of research in bi-/multilingualism, whether or not linked directly to the overarching conference theme, including, but not limited to, linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, clinical linguistics, education, bi-/multilingual societies.
Topics will include:
- (multiple) language acquisition and learning (L3, L4, Lx);
- psycho- and neurolinguistics of multilingualism;
- early bilingualism and heritage language development;
- speech processing in bi-/multilinguals;
- trans/multilingual language use in different contexts;
- multilingual education;
- bi-/multilingual language policies;
- literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy);
- intercultural and globalisation issues related to multilingualism.
Daniel Xerri, University of Malta
Sandro Caruana, University of Malta
Clare E. Vassallo, University of Malta
Anne Marie Bezzina, University of Malta
More details can be accessed through the following website: https://meldc17.wordpress.com