The Faculty of Education at Western University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor (probationary), Associate Professor (probationary or tenured) or Professor (tenured) in the area of TESOL and Applied Linguistics. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The preferred starting date for this position is January 1, 2019, but is negotiable.
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field
- A record of excellence in research in TESOL and Applied Linguistics
- Track record of frequent publications in Tier 1 international journals
- A record of excellence in teaching TESOL and Applied Linguistics
- Have held grants and/or a history of funding
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds in Applied Linguistics and TESOL programs
- Demonstrated leadership in academic positions and service organizations
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who:
- Complement the strengths of the current MPED TESOL program of our faculty, such as applicants with expertise in teaching speaking/pronunciation, second language writing, or assessment
- Have had invited presentations at international conferences
- Have a record of excellence in graduate supervision
- Have expertise in TESOL and Applied Linguistics research methodologies
The successful candidate will become a member of the Curriculum Studies and Studies in Applied Linguistics Academic Research Cluster, bring relevant academic strength and collaborative abilities to the Faculty, and contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the TESOL and Applied Linguistics programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Teaching duties will include the development and delivery of TESOL and Applied Linguistics courses within the MPED TESOL graduate program and graduate supervision, as well as possibly teaching in research intensive MA and PhD programs, and the pre-service education program. The successful applicant will be expected to maintain an active research program and have success in attracting funding.
Western’s Faculty of Education has been at the leading edge of education in Canada since 1962 and offers educational opportunities at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels. Believing today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders, the Faculty strives to strengthen the field of education to help ensure every child has the opportunity to flourish. Western’s Faculty of Education collaborates with more than 500 partners in 23 countries, and attracts top faculty members from around the world. The Faculty has conducted numerous provincial, national and international studies that were the first or largest of their kind, and is home to five dedicated research centres – the Canadian Research Centre on Inclusive Education, the Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women and Children, the Centre for School Mental Health, the Interdisciplinary Centre for Research